Notwithstanding the eligibility requirements below, we believe there is a place within Targa West for anyone who has a car that, whilst strictly non-compliant, could be considered to embody the ‘spirit’ of the event. Potential participants may apply to the organisers for inclusion by Invitation, subject of course to the vehicle complying with safety and local registration requirements.
The Event is intended for Production Cars, categorised as Classic and Modern Sports Cars, Sedans and Utility Vehicles, being four-wheeled vehicles, capable of legally carrying 2 person’s minimum. Only Closed Cars are eligible for entry.
COMPETITION, CHALLENGE & TOUR CATEGORY – all vehicles shall comply with ONE of the following:
- 2017 Tarmac Rally Technical Regulations – Classic
- 2017 Tarmac Rally Technical Regulations – Modern
- Targa Australia Technical Regulations
- Group 3C – Production Rally Cars (PRC)
- Classic Rally Car Regulations
- Historic Rally Car Regulations
- Group G2 Regulations
- NOTE: Challenge & Tour Category vehicles have exemptions in relation to Roll Cage, Seats and Harnesses, please refer to the Supplementary Regulations.
INVITATIONAL VEHICLES – all vehicles complying with ONE of the following: