TARGA SOUTH WEST
Saturday – 8th August 2020
TARGA BUNBURY SPRINT
POSTPONED until late 2020. Date to be confirmed.
The City of Bunbury have cancelled all events for the next 6 months meaning our June event is postponed. Given we are running Targa West in October it is likely the Targa Bunbury Sprint will run in November or December.
The advantage of course is that it is unlikely that rain will be an issue 🙂 Hands up who would prefer a balmy summers afternoon in Bunbury instead of cold and rain?
Obviously heat could be a consideration, however to mitigate that we are investigating whether we start on Saturday afternoon and run into the evening, with the final runs being in the dark. We may need to put up a couple of lighting towers on selected corners to complement the existing street lighting, but running at night would bring a fresh new element to what is already a very popular event.
We would be interested in your thoughts on running in the afternoon/evening.
22nd – 25th October 2020
As frustrating as the current restrictions are the seriousness of this pandemic, not only medically but economically, will be felt for many years to come and we encourage you all to do the right thing. Practice good social distancing, wash your hands and stay at home…in your garage preparing your car for August or October!
So, there you have it, that’s our plans as of this afternoon, naturally subject to movement restrictions being lifted, and we hope to see many of you at some stage in the future once the world returns to our new “normal”.